The VTOC should start right after the volume label.  The first record in

the VTOC should be the FMT4 (Format-4) DSCB record.  The second record in

the VTOC should be the FMT5 (Format-5) DSCB record.  Here is a pointer to

the layout of the Format-4 DSCB:  http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-
bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/dgt2s330/1.1.1.5?
SHELF=ez2zo10f.bks&DT=20050617115137&CASE=
Layout for the Format-5 DSCB:  http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-
bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/dgt2s330/1.1.1.6?SHELF=ez2zo10f.bks&DT=20050617
115137

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a VM system currently, or I would

take a look myself.  Kris, if you want to email me the the output of DDR

TYPE, I'm willing to take a look at it and try to decipher it!  :-)>

--
Dale R. Smith

"Duct tape is like the Force, it has a dark side, it has a light side,
and it holds the universe together."
- Carl Zwanig

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:17:32 +0200, Kris Buelens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>