From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of RPN01
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 8:05 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Backups and failover

For the guarded failover portion, we have a rexx script and server that
keeps track of which system the guest was last booted on. If it is
logged in on the same host, the system just starts up. If it is
autologged on the other host, it immediately logs off (it's 191 disk is
R/O, so no damage done.) If it is logged in at a terminal on the other
host, there is a prompt telling the user that it was last brought up on
<the other other> host, and do you really want to bring it up here?

Answering no causes a logout. Answering yes starts the boot process,
which includes logging the new boot into the system and the process is
ready to work in the other direction.

I have this code available, if you'd like a copy....

--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
  /V\    RO-OE-5-55              200 First Street SW