We were having some issues with our biggest app (about a dozen IFLs
worth of CPU capacity) last summer.  We would get in a situation where
if there were some other things demanding CPU, it would seem to start
using more CPU itself and transaction times started getting longer and
longer and failing to meet their SLA.  Then it started happening every
Friday evening when load was at its peak.

I sent 1 ESAMAP run to Barton.  15 minute interval even and the problem
only lasted about maybe 10 minutes.    He came back almost immediately
and said take it from 2 vcpu to 1.  Your fast path number on ESACPUA
report is way to high (hitting 1.6 million per second!). Now the fast
path number is in the 10's to 100's.  IBM also received the data and
came back with the same answer and some other suggestions.

FWIW :)

Marcy Cortes

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this