I suppose you would be aware of our peer-to-peer problem.

When we got a 2nd 3494 in 2004, we decided to make them talk each other a
P2P mode.  This situation revealed a major problem related to the target
category.
In basic mode, asking to mount a scratch through vmtape, rmsmastr changed

the category from scratch to volspecific. No more true in P2P (for us). W
have upgraded our 3494, we have opened PMR, we have asked the IBM hardwar
their advice with no result. We even asked the dfsms doc to be changed
related the p2p part to make it clearer.

We had to developp something to change the categories according to what h
as
been mounted during the day. I would really like to know if someone is in

the same situation

Alain Benveniste