From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ed Zell
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 2:13 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: VM TCP/IP Secure Telnet

> Well I got my SSLSERV up and started to update my PROFILE TCPIP to add

> a secure port to test with, then I remembered our session manager
> (Macro 4 - TUBES) intercepts port 23 for telnet and uses the port for
> TUBES. I found out that TUBES DOES NOT support, nor plan to support,
> secure telnet.

Tim,

  What release of TUBES are you on?  I am on a pretty old version,
  but it does nothing at all with IP stuff.  I TN3270 into the
  VM stack, and then have the exit do a DIAL TUBES for me.  This
  works great.  I am not using SSL however, but I could if I wanted
  to using this setup.

Ed Zell
Illinois Mutual Life
(309) 636-0107
.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error,
notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.