I don't know anything about the HDS storage, presumably your new box is
FICON?  So you should see a world of difference there.

We run mod 3s, 9s, 27s, 54s.   All without PAV.  All on DS8300.  We
don't see any performance issues at all.  The performance problem that
PAV solves is queueing on the UCB.    Now, I probably wouldn't stick all
the 300 CMS users going after the same focus database on 1 mod 54, but
for a linux server, I think they make sense.   How many I/Os could 1
guest managed to get queued to that volume?

I think i'll just be having them add all new stuff as 54 (65,520 cyl).
(except paging volumes which we'll probalby keep as 3's).

Marcy Cortes

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this