>>> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at  7:23 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Austin, Alyce
(CIV)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> HI,
>
> When I go to:
> http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=5E7FSKjNTqI~
> This is what I see:
> SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 Starter System for IBM System z
> Multilingual

That is indeed the starter system.

> But when I go to:
> http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=mW5YqM9Izf8~
> This is what I see:
> SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 for zSeries Media Kit

That is _not_ the starter system, which is why it doesn't say "starter system"
anywhere in the name.  Those are the "normal" installation media images that
you would use if you don't have z/VM, or you simply want to learn how to do it
all yourself.  Also known as "doing it the hard way."  (Which I strongly
recommend at some point, after one has gained some experience with both z/VM
and Linux.  It's always a good idea to know what your tools are doing behind
the scenes.)

> Since the first site has two DVD1 and DVD2 and the previous
> site only has one DVD to download, which DVDs should I use?

Most likely the starter system, unless you want to start learning how to set up
an installation server, and do the initial installs yourself.  Either way,
you're probably not going to have a short-term use for the source RPMs.

Mark Post