And PIPEs would probably take two minutes. 8-)

Mark L. Wheeler
IT Infrastructure, 3M Center B224-4N-20, St Paul MN 55144
Tel:  (651) 733-4355, Fax:  (651) 736-7689
mlwheeler at mmm.com
--
"I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show
compassion then it will start a chain reaction of the same. People will
never know how far a little kindness can go." Rachel Joy Scott

             Scott Rohling
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ail.com>                                                   To
             Sent by: The IBM          IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  Re: Immediate instructions (was
                                       "nonames")

             08/04/2008 01:42
             PM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

Very comforting to know I'm not the senior member of the z/VM Old Farts
League :-)

Back on track - I spent 6 months in the late 70's coding a simple data
collection screen/database update in 370 assembler.  Found REXX in the 80's
and did the same thing in 2 hours and never looked back (slow shmoe - use
them fancy speedy processors to hide the overhead).  I do miss juggling
bits sometimes though..

Scott Rohling

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Macioce, Larry <