Can you tell if anything is still running?
If so, can you shutdown that task?

Is the OPERATOR terminal still usuable?
If not then I would assume that the system is dead.
I'd power down and then start up from scratch.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 45 years
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://zvm.sru.edu/~fjh  +1.724.738.2153
              "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"