On Wednesday, 08/27/2008 at 01:12 EDT, "Huegel, Thomas"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When I was looking at the announcement letter for z/VM 5.4 I seem to
remember
> something about (on a z10) being able to mix CP's and IFL's in the same
LPAR
> and have z/VM dispatch LINUX machines on the IFL's.... Or maybe that was

> 'wishfull interpretation' on my part. Anyway (if true) I wonder if there
is
> some type of new pricing to handle that senerio.

There is no new pricing model.  If you mix IFLs and CPs into a single z10
z/VM-mode LPAR, your z/VM license fee will be based on the sum of all
active IFLs and CPs on the box, whether all the CPs are in the z/VM LPAR
or not.

At least, that's what the MSRP would be if IBM had MSRPs.  But we don't,
so you would need to talk to your IBM rep or BP.  Don't even THINK about
taking them to a nice restaurant and plying them with fine wines.  No -
don't even consider it.  Perish the thought.  Inappropriate.  Highly.