From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mary Anne Matyaz
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 11:45 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Newbie VM Guy old z/OS Guy

Terry,
Below is a profile xedit that makes xedit very similar to ispf edit.
That may help. I also add
a 'CP SET PF12 RETRIEVE BACKWARD' in my profile exec to make the
retrieve key work.

/* PROFILE XEDIT for general use    */
 arg  fn ft fm "(" options
 'SET MSGLINE ON 3 9 OVERLAY'
 'SET SCALE OFF '
 'SET CMDLINE TOP'
 'SET PREFIX NULLS LEFT'
 'SET STAY ON'
 'SET CASE M I '
 'SET CURLINE ON 3'
 'SET COLOR CURLINE WHITE'
 'SET COLOR FILEAREA TURQ'
 'SET COLOR PREFIX YELLOW'
 'SET COLOR IDLINE YELLOW REV'
 'SET COLOR ARROW BLUE'
 'SET COLOR CMDLINE WHITE'
 'SET COLOR TOFEOF PINK'
 'SET COLOR MSG RED'
 'SET NUMBER ON'
 'SET PREFIX SYNONYM A F'
 'SET PREFIX SYNONYM B P'
 'SET PREFIX SYNONYM R "'
 'SET PREFIX SYNONYM RR ""'
 'SET PREFIX SYNONYM ADD I'
 'SET PREFIX SYNONYM COL SCALE'
/*SETUP PF KEYS FOR XEDIT */
 'SET PF1 ONLY HELP  '
 'SET PF2 = ADD'

I also have a command cross reference spreadsheet that I can send to you
off list.
Mary Anne

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)