On Wednesday, 03/18/2009 at 10:48 EDT, Adam Thornton
<athorn...@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> It strikes me that, given that we have several versions' worth of
> excellent models, there's nothing really stopping, um, one of *us*
> from doing a set of one page versions, one for tape, for first level
> DVD, and for second level DVD.
>
> Of course, getting those KNOWN to people who don't already know about
> the mailing list becomes the trick.

I, for one, would prefer that the community NOT do that as it creates an
expectation that installing release 'n+1' is the same as release 'n'.  I
think that at such a sensitive point in the deployment process that they
should be using Official Information that comes with the
installation/service deliverable.

But if the community does choose to build such a set of documents, please
clearly point out that the information is not provided or warranted by IBM
and that installation/service problems encounted need to be reported to
the author, not IBM.  (I don't want PMRs that begin "I attend a small
mid-western university.  While using the One-Page Install Guide from the
Internet and I encountered a problem...")

Checklists and other preparatory advice, based on real-world experience,
are ponies of a different color.  They would definitely be a value-add,
providing *guidance* (opinion) where IBM can usually only provide a
*procedure*.