I really think Kris's first response about the CONS option is the correct
one.  You don't want to use this option unless you have some specific
need.  WAKEUP will wake and give a rc 6 when you hit enter on the console
without this option.  I have done traces before and 'watched' the rc 6
occur because of something being put temporarily on the stack by CMS.  In
those cases WAKEUP is too efficient and catches what you don't want
caught.
Another quirky thing with WAKEUP is using DESBUF without CONWAIT.  DROPBUF
works much better with WAKEUP and isn't as finicky about whether or not
CONWAIT is used.
(It has been too long since I chased some of these things.  Memory fades
...)

Colleen M Brown
IBM z/VM and Related Products Development and Service

Kris Buelens <kris.buel...@gmail.com>
09/14/2009 04:03 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Problem that is a blast from the past...

As far as I know: CP FOR can only be used to execute CP commands on behalf
of the target user, it does not generate console interrupts as opposed to
CP SEND.