On Thursday, 09/17/2009 at 04:00 EDT, "Gentry, Stephen"
<stephen.gen...@lafayettelife.com> wrote:
> As mentioned in my question below, we have to format the defined temp
> minidisk every time. So, from that point of view, the data is gone.  I
> didn't think of the DDR situation. However, a class G user would have to
> know where the T-DISK area is defined.  They cannot issue a QUERY ALLOC
> TDISK or QUERY TDISK command.  T-DISK's can be placed anywhere, so
> security by obscurity.  I know that last comment won't fly with
> auditors, which is what this whole curiosity going anyway.  The auditor
> is primary concerned with class G users.

The auditor's concerns are valid; if you do not enable CLEAR_TDISK, then a
class G user can see residual data on a t-disk.  Even if the user can't
run DDR or ACCESS the disk, its contents are visible.

If I get my way, ENABLE CLEAR_TDISK will become the default and you won't
be able to change it.  :-)