Without CLEAR_Tdisk enabled, whatever data the last user stored in T-DISK space is still present when it is allocated to the next user. To successfully use the space with CMS you will most likely have to format it, unless the boundaries of your TDISK allocation exactly overlay the previous user's allocation, but there is nothing forcing you to use CMS to access the space. A utility such as DDR would be quite happy to copy the contents of T-DISK to a permanent location, from which you could use other utilities to recover the data, track by track, without relying on CMS.

Gentry, Stephen wrote:
I guess I should have read Richard's response closer.  So, I'll echo Dennis's
question as well.
What security problem?
We do not have CLEAR_TDisk enabled.  Every time we define a t-disk, it HAS to
be formatted, no exceptions.
Steve