Vista. That brings back memories. Howard Grams created the original ACTIVE
while at TWA. Vista was our second generation, much more versatile,
replacement, written at Piedmont Airlines in 1985. Howard wrote the code for
the  VISTACTL machine and the ALC terminal emulation; I wrote the CTC code. The
same text deck was used in both the TPF and CMS machines. The only CP Free
Storage used for the CTC connection was whatever was needed to support the
VCTCAs. The rest of its storage was buffers in the various machines.

IIRC, the CMS machines communicated with VISTACTL using SMSGs, with large
messages being broken down into appropriate sizes and reassembled by VISTACTL
before being sent to the TPF machines over the CTC connection. The return
messages, depending on their sizes, were subject to the same process. That is a
more likely area of concern, depending on the number and size of the queries
and responses. It may be that the smsgs were piling up faster that they were
being retrieved.

I/P was our next goal; however, outsourcing ended that.

Regards,
Richard Schuh