On Wednesday, 12/16/2009 at 12:25 EST, Gregg <reed.gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We've an application that gets HCPLIM6007I, and eventually 6008E or
6009E
> Short of logging off/on, is there a way for the logon to advise CP
> they nolonger need it?
> It seems to survive a CP IPL or CP SYSTEM CLEAR...
> The disconnected machines, don't appear to be doing any of the items
> mentioned under User Response in HCP6007I, but I do not have access to
> the source and they maybe "issuing CP commands that consume free
> storage"... aside from getting the source and trying any, is there any
> way to know ahead of time what CP commands those might be?

You need to open a z/VM PMR so that the Support Center can work with you
to determine what is triggering those messages.  They occur because your
fair share of certain control blocks have been consumed.   But because CP
doesn't operate with formal "threads", the free storage monitor can't
readily unwind the memory request to find out *why* the control block was
needed.

They can be consumed by instruction simulation, diagnose instructions,
IUCV, commands invoked via diag 8, excessive console I/O, etc.