Ok, I should have read the whole thread more carefully - both re-IPL and
SYSTEM CLEAR had already been tried with no effect, redefining virtual
storage would be a similar no-op.  I think Richard's probably on the righ
track with the theory about SMSG backlogs building up, resetting the virt
ual
machine wouldn't clear that, I don't think.

- Bill Holder, z/VM Development, IBM

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:57:40 -0600, Bill Holder <hold...@us.ibm.com> wrot
e: