On 03/12/2010 10:18 AM, Rich Smrcina wrote:

1). As long as the timezone settings are correct in z/VM, issue the command:

SET TIMEZONE CDT

at the appropriate time. Doing this with VMUTIL (or your fave scheduler) shouldn't be a problem. I've never done it.

One more thing... an appropriate time, might also be a convenient time. This doesn't necessarily have to be 2AM on Sunday. I know one shop that does it around 8AM on Sunday because that's when the operator gets in for the Sunday shift. Just make sure that if the command is issued *before* 2AM on Sunday, and an IPL is required for whatever reason, the time will revert back to the old setting (which can be disastrous in the spring).
--
Rich Smrcina
Phone: 414-491-6001

Catch the WAVV! http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2010 - Apr 9-13, 2010 Covington, KY