PerfKit, (a.k.a PERFSVM) doesn't like to have the time changing while it's running, either. It gets confused about when midnight occurs.

On 03/12/2010 11:38 AM, Rob Holtz wrote:
Be sure to account for some software that does not like the time
changing while it is running.
We shutdown the following until after the SET TIMEZONE command is
issued; you may other ones:
1. SMTP - be sure to stay logged on after shutting it down so TCPIP
doesn't AUTOLOG it back on.
2. VMBACKUP and VMSCHED
3. All our SQL servers.

In the Spring, we bring them all back up immediately.
In the Fall, we wait one hour until the time reaches the time we shut
them down and then bring them all back up.

Rob