In my case, like Jerry's, I have more than one VM image feeding off of the same
maintenance disks. My production PARM disks are not a part of the installation
and maintenance system, so, as stated, I really do not care what goes on the
CFx disks. I check for changes and update my real disks as appropriate. CF1
gets used only by a 2nd level system that insures that the base system ipls and
runs following installation and maintenance activities.

Wasn't there a time when CF1 was "production", CF2 was "backup" and no CF3
existed? Perhaps back in the days when the T-shirt with the VM Bear on the
diving board about to dive into the green VM/SES pool was popular. There were a
few years when I had no installation and maintenance responsibility. When was
CF3 added to the mix?

Regards,
Richard Schuh