On Wednesday, 03/24/2010 at 03:22 EDT, David Boyes <dbo...@sinenomine.net>
wrote:
> On 3/24/10 2:40 PM, "Marcy Cortes" <marcy.d.cor...@wellsfargo.com>
wrote:

> > You can DEDICATE by label rather than by real address.
> > But I still don't like Linux having cyl 0 :)
>
> Nice to know. I'd missed that in the help files. Still, safer to let CP
and
> z/OS duke that one out, and let Linux get on with doing useful stuff.

When giving guests access to real cyl 0, I suggest:
1. If using a full-pack mindisk, use the DEVNO version instead of volser.
That way it doesn't matter if the guest changes the label.

2. Use the various xxx_AT_IPL options in SYSTEM CONFIG to control the
RDEVs that your system will use for CP-owned and user volumes listed in
SYSTEM CONFIG. Once the system is up, have AUTOLOG1 bring any remaining
dasd volumes online.  The purpose of these actions is to prevent CP from
grabbing the wrong volume at IPL.