Another point I¹ve not seen mentioned, and I¹m not sure if it¹s true or
not...

Given a dedicated volume to a Linux guest, won¹t the guest start only one
I/O to the device at a time, and wait for it to complete? If you break up a
larger volume into several minidisks (like a mod 27 into mod 9¹s) aren¹t you
allowing the z/VM multipathing to do its job more efficiently, even if you
give all the smaller volumes to the same Linux guest?

Like I said, I may be totally off base, but this is the impression I¹ve
had...

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\