But just to push things a bit further, isn't PAV the key to getting into the
rat's nest successfully? If a volume has PAV aliases, then CP can start more
than one I/O on the volume at a time. And, if it is sufficiently broken into
smaller minidisks, then Linux can take advantage of the PAV paths to the
3390 volume through the PAV aliases and the physical I/O's will be divided
up among the emulating disks as appropriate.

Since my head is beginning to hurt (and yours as well, now) I'll leave it
alone at this point. :D

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\