Why not put the z/Linux systems on a VSWITCH with the z/OS system? No more UCB
problems. One set of UCBs to the VSWITCH in each guest. Oh, z/OS is not under
z/VM. Well, VSWITCH the z/Linux systems along with the z/VM TCPIP stack, then
hipersocket the z/VM TCPIP stack with z/OS. I'm not too familar with this, but
I'm sure that this, or something close to it, would address your needs. The
only minus is the single point of failure in the z/VM TCPIP stack. But that is
fairly low risk.

John McKown
Systems Engineer IV
IT

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell