No such file exists.. this is the structure of that directory

[root] zvmtestd:/sys/bus/ccw/devices/0.0.5000# ls
availability  devtype           host37       online     port_remove  uevent
card_version  driver            in_recovery  peer_d_id  port_rescan
cmb_enable    failed            lic_version  peer_wwnn  status
cutype        hardware_version  modalias     peer_wwpn  subsystem

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Richard Troth <vmcow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>> not seeing storage from SAN Sent by: The IBM z/VM Operating System <
>>> IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>

>>> scsidisc only reports those i've attached.  That particular output was
>>> from a different device (i.e. 5001).. my terminology is a little off.
>>> Our SAN admin swears it's configured correctly on the switch.
>>>

>>> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Eric R Farman
>>> <*far...@us.ibm.com*<far...@us.ibm.com>>
>>> wrote:
>>> Hi Daniel,
>>>
>>> The WWPN listed in your Q FCP outputs and that from the SCSIDISC tool are
>>> similar enough that I suspect they are different subchannels on the same FCP
>>> card, and not of your target DASD subsystem.  Are there other WWPNs listed
>>> in the SCSIDISC output beyond what you have sent?  If so, what does SCSIDISC
>>> see with them?  If not, has the switch been told about the NPIV WWPNs that
>>> the VM LPAR will be using (that is, those listed in Q FCP)?  What specific
>>> messages do you get when varying on the EDEV?
>>>
>>> One other thing...  the FCP subchannel (5000 in your example below)
>>> shouldn't be attached to a particular user if it is going to be used as part
>>> of an EDEV.  It should be free so that VM can attach it to the SYSTEM itself
>>> at the time the EDEV is varied online.  (The FCP can be used for multiple
>>> paths/LUNs at once, so in reality the FCP should be either free or attached
>>> to SYSTEM.)  The ATTACH 5000 TO * command would be used for a guest to use,
>>> such as for SCSIDISC or Linux itself configuring SCSI.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>            Eric
>>>
>>> Eric Farman
>>> z/VM I/O Development
>>> IBM Endicott, NY
>>>

>>>   From: Daniel Tate <*daniel.t...@gmail.com* <daniel.t...@gmail.com>>
>>> To: *ib...@listserv.uark.edu* <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>  Date: 04/14/2010
>>> 02:40 PM  Subject: z/VM not seeing storage from SAN  Sent by: The IBM
>>> z/VM Operating System <*ib...@listserv.uark.edu*<IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
>>> >

>>>  ------------------------------
>>>

>>> Disclaimer: I am a UNIX admin, working with z/VM for the first time.
>>> I only know basic commands and concepts, but really need to get this
>>> working.
>>>
>>> Our san is connected, and other LPARs can see the storage.   the CHPID
>>> is online.   I can attach the storage (ATTACH 5000 to *) and SET EDEV
>>> blahblahbah.. but when i try to vary on the storage,i get a NO PATH TO
>>> DEVICE error.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any ideas?
>>>
>>> SCSIDISC Reports:
>>> WARNING::WWPN C05076FAE3000408 Could Not be Opened
>>> WARNING::WWPN C05076FAE3000408 ignored
>>>
>>> Here’s the output from q fcp:
>>>
>>> q fcp
>>>
>>> 07:05:04 FCP  5000 ATTACHED TO MAINT    5000 CHPID 46
>>> 07:05:04      WWPN C05076FAE3000400
>>>

>>> q v fcp
>>>
>>> 08:27:31 FCP  5000 ON FCP   5000 CHPID 46 SUBCHANNEL = 011D
>>> 08:27:31      5000 DEVTYPE FCP         CHPID 46 FCP
>>> 08:27:31      5000 QDIO-ELIGIBLE       QIOASSIST-ELIGIBLE