Daniel,

It's much easier to get info about an FCP channel with lszfcp.  You don't
have to remember those damn sysfs paths that seem to change with each new
kernel :)

To figure out a subchannel's wwpn do something like this:

r...@m12-205:lszfcp -a -b 0.0.7800
0.0.7800 host64
Bus = "ccw"
    availability        = "good"
    card_version        = "0x0006"
    cmb_enable          = "0"
    cutype              = "1731/03"
    devtype             = "1732/03"
    failed              = "0"
    hardware_version    = "0x00000000"
    in_recovery         = "0"
    lic_version         = "0x0000bd23"
    modalias            = "ccw:t1731m03dt1732dm03"
    online              = "1"
    peer_d_id           = "0x000000"
    peer_wwnn           = "0x0000000000000000"
    peer_wwpn           = "0x0000000000000000"
    status              = "0x5400002a"
    uevent              = "DRIVER=zfcp"
Class = "fc_host"
    maxframe_size       = "2112 bytes"
    node_name           = "0x5005076400c0b742"
    permanent_port_name = "0x500507601d80074f"                 <<<here
    port_id             = "0xe35c00"
    port_name           = "0xc05076ffff001b21" <<<here
    port_state          = "Online"
    port_type           = "NPort (fabric via point-to-point)"
    serial_number       = "IBM0200000000B742"
    speed               = "8 Gbit"
    supported_classes   = "Class 2, Class 3"
    supported_speeds    = "2 Gbit, 4 Gbit"
    tgtid_bind_type     = "wwpn (World Wide Port Name)"
Class = "scsi_host"
    active_mode         = "Initiator"
    can_queue           = "4096"
    cmd_per_lun         = "1"
    host_busy           = "0"
    megabytes           = "0 0"
    proc_name           = "zfcp"
    prot_capabilities   = "0"
    prot_guard_type     = "0"
    queue_full          = "0 11029"
    requests            = "0 0 0"
    seconds_active      = "13"
    sg_tablesize        = "538"
    state               = "running"
    supported_mode      = "Initiator"
    unchecked_isa_dma   = "0"
    unique_id           = "30720"
    utilization         = "0 0 0"

50060E80042CC20C is definitely your storage array.  50060 is Hitachi.

For your channel, you'll either find 50050 or c0507 at the beginning of
the wwpns.  The first is NPIV off.  The second is NPIV on.

Anyway, that scsidisc output tells me that zoning is ok.  The name server
in your switch wouldn't have returned 50060E80042CC20C if zoning was
wrong.

I don't know what those scsidisc error codes are either, but maybe this
helps...   I wouldn't worry about these error messages:

WARNING::WWPN C05076FAE3000400 Could Not be Opened
DEBUG::ERROR RC:C05076FAE3000400 THINOP()=-62
DEBUG::ERROR Open FCP port has failed
WARNING::WWPN C05076FAE3000400 ignored
DEBUG::ERROR RC:C05076FAE3000400 GETLUN()=-112

C05076FAE3000400 is your channel.  It's an initiator.  It doesn't
typically accept logins, and certainly won't know what to do with a
report_luns scsi command.

The other error messages:

WARNING::WWPN 50060E80042CC20C Could Not be Opened
DEBUG::ERROR RC:50060E80042CC20C THINOP()=-62
DEBUG::ERROR Open FCP port has failed
WARNING::WWPN 50060E80042CC20C ignored
DEBUG::ERROR RC:50060E80042CC20C GETLUN()=-112

should cause an entry in the "analyze serial link status" panel on the SE.
 It's in the same menu as the "fabric login status" panel.  This should
tell us if the fibre channel login (PLOGI) or the scsi login (PRLI)
failed.  Maybe the hitachi port isn't configured as fcp?  Maybe it is
configured as ficon?

I wish I could offer more advice about configuring your hitachi storage,
but I'm not very familiar with hitachi, and the person who does the set up
here is on vacation.

Also, when you are configuring this stuff under linux, how are you doing
it?  Are you using the wizard in yast?
zfcp_host_configure/zfcp_disk_configure?  echo commands into /sys?  Yast
is the most user friendly.

Regards,

Ray Higgs
System z FCP Development
Bld. 706, B24
2455 South Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
(845) 435-8666,  T/L 295-8666
rayhi...@us.ibm.com

Daniel Tate <daniel.t...@gmail.com>
04/20/2010 02:14 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: z/VM not seeing storage from SAN

No such file exists.. this is the structure of that directory

[root] zvmtestd:/sys/bus/ccw/devices/0.0.5000# ls
availability  devtype           host37       online     port_remove
uevent
card_version  driver            in_recovery  peer_d_id  port_rescan
cmb_enable    failed            lic_version  peer_wwnn  status
cutype        hardware_version  modalias     peer_wwpn  subsystem

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Richard Troth <vmcow...@gmail.com>