From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 8:32 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] Vswitch Grant as a CMD in User's Directory?

On Tuesday, 12/07/2010 at 11:27 EST, Marcy Cortes
<marcy.d.cor...@wellsfargo.com> wrote:
> What Kris said is right.
> The 2nd time through you already have the access so it appears to work
> After you IPL or destroy your vswitch, it wouldn’t work on the first
login.
> Drove me crazy.
> Of course, I hate Grants

Then don't use them.  Let your ESM handle it and you never need worry
about the authorization again, regardless of the existence of the VSWITCH.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices