Tim,
I found out my problem unzipping the file from the USPS site was that I had
Filezip, maybe an old version.  I uninstalled Filezip on my Windows XP
system and then I was able to unzip the USPS file.  Instead of XmitManager
and afrreblk, I used another tool I have for reading XMIT format files and
got the files into what looks like the correct z/VM format.  I sent them to
you.
--Roger