Tim,

I don't understand the last paragraph.   When you move AFP resources around,
just use binary all the time.  There is no such thing as blocks or records
on the PC, and then you do a binary upload to a VM file that is RECFM V and
then run AFRREBLK to fix it.

If you enter afrreblk ?
it gives some brief help.  The comments inside the exec explain what it does
and the syntax better.
Upload the files with something like UP300 for the filetype, and then you
could, in FILELIST, do something like
EXECUTE *  AFRREBLK / = FONT300 A ( FONTLIB 300
 to create the reblocked FONT300 files.

AFRREBLK will separate the file into records with one structured field per
record.  See the comments in the exec for details.

Does that help?

--Roger