Let us know if you find a productive use for it. Crashing a guest is the typical result. Better to spend you time SIZING the guest.
Regards,
Doug

On 3/9/2011 10:19, Barton Robinson wrote:
I would HIGHLY recommend talking to an installation who has actually implemented VMRM PRIOR to you doing it. I don't think even IBM recommends VMRM (ok maybe some sales types do). The problem is about your ability to keep your servers from not crashing if you care..

Dave Jones wrote:
Hi, Rakesh.

A good place to start learning about the z/.VM side of CMM is the z/VM
V6R1 Performance document, available from the IBM z/VM online library.
The VM side of CMM is implemented by the VMRMSVM virtual machine, which
is already defined in the user directory.

Chapter 4.6 in the Performance document above describes how this works
in detail.

DJ