Rob,

To this:

You wrote:
> I'm not sure what your request is...

Let me clarify.  You supply me with a wonderful example right in the same
append when you write:
> * cpuplugd for memory: apart from the examples being wrong (and maybe
> never tried)

This is FUD (fear uncertainty and doubt).  You say the example is wrong,
but don't back up your claim.  Please note that in the Virtualzation
Cookbook in the section "Setting memory sizes with cpuplugd", we write:

"Memory sizes can also be set by the cpuplugd service. However, unlike
processors, there is no good generic default value. The following example
is in the Device Drivers book:
MEMPLUG = "swaprate > freemem+10 & freemem+10 < apcr"
MEMUNPLUG = "swaprate > freemem + 10000"

However, this is just a starting point. You should test any setting that
you want to implement against a representative workload that your Linux
systems will be running. Details are beyond the scope of this section.

So how is it "just plain wrong" if we say the setting is dependent on your
system's workload?  Thank you.

"Mike MacIsaac" <mike...@us.ibm.com>   (845) 433-7061