We are activating cpuplugd process for dynamic CPU and memory management
for Linux guests running in z/VM. We have found a reference in
Virtualization cook book for SLES11 SP1 how to make necessary configuration
for CMM modules within Linux.But couldn't find any reference about the
configuration to be done within z/VM for CMM. Is any configuration required
or z/VM comes with CMM enabled by default.

The z/VM version used is 6.1 and Linux is SLES11 SP1. Also does this
process have any adverse performance implication?

Regards
Rakesh.K