On Tuesday, 03/08/2011 at 01:27 EST, Ron Schmiedge
<ron.schmie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also risking the wrath of Chuckie, I can tell you what the person on
> IBMLink told me when I opened an ETR for this same request:
>
> I added my second stack to SYSTEM DTCPARMS:
>
> :nick.TCPIP2   :type.server
> :class.stack
> :attach.0C00-0C01

Good.

> I created a TCPIP2 TCPIP file, which only does TN3270. It only has
> port 23 open and it has its own DEVICE and LINK for the non-QDIO port
> pair C00-C01 from our OSA-E, its own HOME address, but same mask and
> gateway handed down from the mount by the Network Gods.

Good.

> I created a TCPIP2 DATA file on 592 with the TCPIPUSERID set to TCPIP2.

OK, but it's just taking up space since there is nothing to tell the
socket functions to read TCPIP2 DATA.  Perhaps your TCPRUNXT is copying
TCPIP DATA to the A-disk, overriding values with information from TCPIP2
DATA?

> And its been running that way for a couple of years.
>
> I do use the TCP TCPIP2 option on NETSTAT commands.

The TCP operand overrides what is found in TCPIP DATA.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices