From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On Behalf
Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2011 5:05 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: [IBMVM] Sevice level

Following up on Nick Harris' expectation to see a change to QUERY CPLEVEL
after applying COR service to CP, I'd like to open a discussion on how
folks perceive service levels.  That is, is there some way that you feel
IBM should express the concept of 'service level'?

For the sake of discussion, let us assert that:
- We are talking about the running entity, not the copy of the entity on
the build disk.
- Unless there are specific pre-reqs or co-reqs, PTFs can be applied in
any order or combination.
- Each component (CP, CMS, DIRMAINT, RACF, SES, etc.) has its own service
stream

Regards,
      Alan

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant