On 4/11/11 11:54 AM, "Schuh, Richard" <rsc...@visa.com> wrote:

>That would be nice. It ought to also have a way to answer Marcy's
>question, "Has PTF xxx been applied to the system (or, perhaps, to a
>specified module)?" without having to wade through a list of the universe
>of PTFs.

PIPE COMMAND SERVICE LIST CP | LOCATE 'xxxxxx' | CONSOLE

Maybe have a optional module argument to SERVICE LIST, eg SERVICE LIST CP
HCPRIO

Adding a option of ONLINE vs ONDISK to SERVICE LIST might serve the "is it
in the running code" question. You'd have to modify the code to maintain a
service ID table somewhere in storage, though to efficiently process a
ONLINE option. Probably not a bad idea, but would take up some space.

>As long as we are dreaming, it would be nice to have a defined interface
>so that we could interrogate cooperative ISV modifications to CP (VSSI,
>CA, et. al.) via the same command.

Amen to that -- libvmses or a CSL routine, here we come! But shouldn't
those show up in normal SES, ie as local mods?

-- db