You z/VM system didn't find a 3270 console, so it is using the "System
console"  As you run second level, you an respond to VM questions using
   #CP VINPUT VMSG xxxx
To make it easier:
before you IPL, issue
   CP Q V CONS
   note the address, often 009
   CP TERM CONMODE 3270
   CP IPL xxxx LOADPARM CONS=yyyy
(xxxx is the disk your VM resident is on; yyyy is the address you found in Q
V CONS)

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support