That code is what CP will load when its shutdown is complete.  So, not
related to signal shutdown's wait code.  I don't remember where I found the
code to load, my guess is in the z Series Principles of Operations (the
shutdown signal is not a z/VM invention, but a z HW feature that z/VM also
virtualizes).