On Tuesday, 06/28/2011 at 03:10 EDT, "Schuh, Richard" <rsc...@visa.com>
wrote:
> No only is it not obvious, so far I have been unable to find it in  the
> documentation. You can specify a wait state code on the SHUTDOWN command
and
> it can be anything between 1 and FFFF. I cannot find where the default
is FFF.
> Is that a true system default or is it a code you have adopted for your
use?

You will not find any published information on the mechanism.

I *observe* that if you SIGNAL SHUTDOWN to a 2nd level VM, it will load
wait state FFF and the SIGNAL SHUTDOWN command gives a "successful
termination" message.

Draw your own conclusions.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323
mobile; 607.321.7556