Given the lack of direction, I suppose that you can do almost anything, so long
as you are consistent. There is no right or wrong, so logging off will work so
long as the watchdog machine does not bring logged off users back on. Is there
any way for a user to determine if it is being targeted alone, by a "signal
shutdown user userid" or is included in a "signal shutdown all"? I suspect not,
but I can see where that might be useful at times. Also, CP does notice when a
user who has requested the shutdown signal logs off and cancels the request,
does it not? It must because a virtual machine can log off at any time,
regardless of the shutdown signal, and CP has to handle it correctly. Does CP
disallow new logons when it receives  "signal shutdown all" command?

Regards,
Richard Schuh