On Wednesday, 06/29/2011 at 10:11 EDT, Shimon Lebowitz <shim...@iname.com>
wrote:

> If I were to cancel the SHUTDOWN, I would have to re-enable RELOGing,
> but to date I have not built in such a function. I have also never
cancelled
> a SHUTDOWN, so if it ever happens, I will need to do the enable
manually.
> (Of course, I better document this, or my successor won't know why RELOG
> stopped working...)

I had never cancelled one either, until this note stream popped up.  Then
I began to play with issuing SIGNAL SHUTDOWN to my 2nd level system
(simulating LPAR deactivation) and then cancelled the shutdown.  What it
revealed is that CP issues a bogus message, telling me that "SHUTDOWN
REIPL has been cancelled".   :-)

And I wish CP would decide if he's a Brit or a Yank.  Sometimes he says
"cancelled" and sometimes "canceled".   But maybe that's ok - so do I. :-)

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323
mobile; 607.321.7556