>>> Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com> 7/15/2011 2:56 PM >>>
On Friday, 07/15/2011 at 03:43 EDT, Tom Duerbusch

>Anonymous access?!?  Not Good.  Unauthenticated access to a class G user,
>eh?

Security isn't a big concern...yet.
This is pure testing to see if what I want to do, can be done by this method.
Quickest/dirtiest way.

Once I find which options are valid, then security concerns come into play.

> Just what am I missing?

>Make sure you restart REXECD after you make changes to the rexec_agent
>servers.  You can also change REXECD's profile to add the (DEBUG option to
>the TCPRUN invocation.  (Don't SCIF ---- use console log.)  And use
>:parms.-d to turn on REXECD debugging.

This is what I get with debug on:

rexec -d -l guest -p guest 205.235.227.74 cp ind
REXEC Level 520, Internal version id MT04091
parms is -d -l guest -p guest 205.235.227.74 ind
Variables have the following assignments:
fhost   : 205.235.227.74
userid  : guest
passwd  : guest
command : cp ind
calling GetHostResol with 205.235.227.74
Connecting to 205.235.227.74, port REXEC (512)
Passive Conn - OK on local port         1030
passive open complete on port            0
Active Conn - OK on local port         1031
active  open complete on port            1
getnextnote until DD
Connection state changed
Open
rexec invoked
sending: 1030 guest guest cp ind
D2 len          24
 returning from REXEC_UTIL
Connection state changed
Trying to open
Connection state changed
Sending only
Data delivered
Bytes in          48
No agent machines are available at this time.
Connection state changed
Sending only
Connection state changed
Connection closing