From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tom Duerbusch
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 2:43 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: REXEC and RXAGENT1

I'm having a brain check.

I've enabled REXEC which is working well.
And I thing I enabled the server machines RXAGENT1 and RXAGENT2.

How I read the documentation, both these agent machines should fire up when the
REXECD server is started.
My agent machines don't automatically start.
And when I try to send a command to the guest server, I get back a message
about an agent server not being available.

My DTCPARMs seem to be correct:

:nick.REXECD
  :Parms.
  :Anonymous.yes
  :ESM_Enable.
  :ESM_Validate.

:Nick.RXAGENT1   :type.server  :class.rexec_agent
   :For.REXECD

:Nick.RXAGENT2   :type.server  :class.rexec_agent
   :For.REXECD

I don't see anything in the TCPIP configuration file about the RXAGENTx
machines.

Just what am I missing?

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting
(Sorry officer.  I just thought you wanted to race....)