Hmmph..  we didn't have REXECD enabled on my test system -- so I did so ..
and added the :nick.REXECD tag with Anonymous.YES to SYSTEM DTCPARMS.

What I see on a debug is much like yours - but also with this:

+++ Lookup_Details.OUT
  $ParmFile_Serve = IBM DTCPARMS E1
  $ParmFile_Class = IBM DTCPARMS E1
+++ Lookup_Details.OUT
  $ParmFile_Serve = IBM DTCPARMS E1
  $ParmFile_Class = IBM DTCPARMS E1

Like you - my SYSTEM DTCPARMS is on D..  so it doesn't appear it's using it.

The NAME SEARCH debug info got me thinking..   So I did this in my SYSTEM
DTCPARMS:

:Nick.REXECD :Type.Server :Class.rexec
 :Parms.-d
 :Anonymous.YES
 :ESM_Enable.
 :ESM_Validate.

Note that I added :Type.Server and :class.rexec

Once I did this -- voila --  it found my entry in SYSTEM DTCPARMS, started
up RXAGENT1 and was happy.  Even the -d parm was honored and I get more
debug info from rexec itself.

So - this looks like  bug - either doc or code...    but try changing your
:Nick.REXECD to include type and class.

The NAMES file search seems to be looking for both the nickname AND the Type
tag.   To specify :type - you also have to specify :class.    I'm guessing
it should be searching on just :Nick.. and this is a workaround.

Hope this helps.. please open a PMR!

Scott Rohling