Not that you need the page packs to be able to IPL z/VM at the DR site.
But, as you use adrdssu on z/OS to restore the z/VM packs, you could start
some jobs on z/OS to run ICKDSF CPVOL FORMAT ... RANGE(0,xxx) TYPE(PAGE,
1,xxx).
I guess that should work as ICKDSF is supposed to be the same on z/OS, z/VM
and z/VSE.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support