> well yes, it would to me, because personally I believe if you prefer a
> trot you should buy a trotting breed horse and not a gaited horse.

Janice, that is a whole nother topic, Jewel is multigaited, I love the
trot and the gaits he does, I did not teach him any of them either, he
came with them, I got him as a very GREEN 4 year old... LOVE HIM, in
fact, I never knew he was gaited when I bought him... Raven saw us,
which is how I met her, and told me he was gaited.. he is a STUNNING
horse to look at when I met her he was in his prime...

I would be very disappointed and am bored now, when I ride a horse
that is not multigaited... to me it is simply a PLUS to have both...
But then, we have all decided I am a bit odd anyway, :)

I grew up with Arabians, and we never allowed them to Gait, OH, but
when dad was not watching, I DID... I really did not know what it was,
just that it was FUN, FUN, FUN and FAST!!!!  Now, I know we were Speed
Racking, or Singlefooting or Racking... some form of a soft gait, I
don't remember any foxtrots now that I think about it...

In fact, if I could find a multigaited Arabian Mare, I would buy her...
--
I and my horses love our track system, take a look~~~
http://picasaweb.google.com/dakota.charm/TrackForHorses