i think here we need to point out that as always, we are sometimes
morphing the discussion into two different things:

1. a barefoot horse which in my case, are horses trimmed to natural
angles and are not shod.

and;

2.  The "Barefoot method"  by strasser and others.  Which I dont
really believe in because we have a barefoot method trimmer in our
area and every horse he does goes lame and stays lame til the people
finally catch on and go back to their normal farrier.  Which isnt to
say it isnt a good method, but it is a suggestion that some certifide
"barefoot method" people are not living up to the hype.

I live in an area where you dont need shoes for any reason unless
there is a foot problem needing correcting or you are going on a trip
to rocky terrain.
janice
--
yipie tie yie yo