On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 06:51:42PM -0500, Karen Thomas wrote:
> Hmm, you described her as a child in the first e-mail.  You even mentioned
> that you'd put a ponying line on her saddle, in case she needed to be
> ponied.  Based on that, it sounded like she was pretty young, and certainly
> not used to going on the trail alone.  Quite a different impression in the
> first e-mail than a teenager out having "adventures."

*shrug* she is thirteen.  that said this was her first trail ride on
stjarni under her dad's supervision, and it's not hard to leave a line
on a horse.  (i *think* she may have ridden stjarni on the trail when we
were at our old barn, but that would have been in a larger group and
under my own supervision, and over a year of lessons ago for her.)

> own), but neither i nor my pony came to harm
>
> There were no seatbelts when I was growing up either, but I certainly use
> them now.

i fail to understand the relevance of your metaphor.

--vicka