>Some interesting stuff from the FEIF Education Committee meeting <

Thanks for sharing this with us Mic.     I found this statement, or the
wording of it interesting:

>We need to discuss and negotiate the question: what is good riding?<

I wondered if they meant to use the word, "navigate" instead of "negotiate"?

   When I hear the word negotiate, I think more in terms of concessions,
compromises, give and take stuff.    In that context, is good riding
negotiable?

   I know everyone will have their own opinion as to what good riding
entails (hence the polarity between the NH camp and the European-influenced
riding camp within the Icelandic breed).     But to me, it is a relatively
simple matter of determining if the riding  is giving priority to the horse
first and foremost, or the human's ego first and foremost.   The same can be
said in deciding what is good training.

-- Renee M. in Michigan