--- Renee Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> To me, a good horseman who has good horsemanship
skills, has an innate desire to get inside each
horse's head they  work with, and displays empathy,
kindness, and respect for the horse in all they do.<<

Wow, Renee, this actually says it all!!!  Plus, be
able to use your knowledge to know when to try another
method or tactic.  Probably the only "TRUE HORSEMAN" I
have ever met so far (in person) has been Liz Graves.
She gets inside the horse's head, and it is thanks to
her that I try to get inside my horse's head.  When
she met Whisper last year, she told me Whisper would
make me a better horseperson because of her
personality.  For a while, I thought Whisper was
actually going to break me, but, with the clicker, we
are once again riding as one!  Liz is my hero, and I
can only hope I can have as much knowledge and
horsemanship as she has in her pinkie finger!

Susan in NV
  http://desertduty.blogspot.com/
  Riding for Breast Cancer Awareness
  Nevermore Ranch http://users.oasisol.com/nevermore/

No Cost - Get a month of Blockbuster Total Access now. Sweet deal for Yahoo!
users and friends.